I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SUGAR FREE ORANGE (strawberry) BANANA BREAD by Colleen Lasko


1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. oat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 mashed ripe bananas
1 (6 oz.) can frozen unsweetened orange juice, thawed
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. fresh strawberries, diced
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Mix dry ingredients. Blend well the bananas, orange juice, eggs and extract. Add dry ingredients. Stir in strawberries. Pour into greased loaf pan or pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until well done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on rack. Slice thinly.


Colleen's comments: "Um, at the end, I also thought it was a little weird that there wasn't any butter so I stirred about 1/4 cup butter in, and what was left of our cream cheese (about 1 oz.). I also greased the pans with butter. We ate one whole loaf not long after it came out of the oven. Luckily we still have one loaf left."


Colleen! I'll be sure to try these and post a picture to see! I bet they are so pretty!

No comments: