I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Friday, April 30, 2010

Kayotic Pizza Party

Here is where you'll find the site that I found this amazing food! Kayotic Kitchen


It’s almost weekend, guys! For us that means pizza time! Or in this case: pizza snack time. These are fast, fun and unlike pizza, you can prepare them ahead of time and eat them warm as well as cold. One side note: you might as well stick ‘em on your thighs straight away, because that’s where they’re gonna end up. But oh boy, do they taste good!


Ingredients:
5 puff pastry sheets
pesto rosso
roughly 10 black olives
1/2 a red onion
4 artichoke hearts
1 mozarrella ball
1 tomato
parmesan
dried basil

Directions:
I’m such a sad excuse for a food blogger; I don’t even own a dough cutter. I simply use a glass. What I do own are these mini pizza trays. Large and small. They’re so handy for these type of snacks. Also for my pepper & corn pies. You can use a regular muffin pan as well for this.


I use the glass to cut out pastry circles.


Knead the leftovers, sprinkle a little flour on top and roll it out. Cut out more circles and repeat the process until the dough is gone.


Grease your muffin or mini pizza pan—mine is non-stick—and place the pastry circles in there. Pinch the dough with a fork. Just a few times.


Slice the olives and try to make an artistic shot. I failed miserably.


Thinly slice the red onion.


Artichoke hearts add juiciness and even more flavor to an already perfect snack. Drain them and give them a rough chop. Don’t add too much or the dough will get soggy. It ain’t pretty.


Slice, cube or do whatever you want to do with a big, juicy tomato. I opted for pomodori. Same as with the artichoke hearts, not too much.


No pizza without mozzarella. Release your inner beast and shred it to pieces.


I make my own pesto rosso, that way I know exactly what’s in it. You can use commercial pesto rosso (or pesto verde) as well. The oil in the pesto seeps into the dough giving it a wicked flavor and color. It’s mind-blowing.


Spoon a little pesto rosso on top of each pastry circle.


Add a little bit of onion.


And in with the olive slices. Olives are love. Pure love.


Put the artichoke hearts in there as well.


Next, I add the mozzarella and top that with a little tomato. Sprinkle dried basil and some Parmesan on top. I went for the canned stuff, sue me.


Pop them in a preheated oven and bake them at 400F (200C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Until crispy, puffy, golden brown and totally delicious.


Disclaimer: if you’re by any chance dieting while reading this, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. Don’t hate me… I’ll eat yours as well. After all, that’s what friends are for!

No comments: