I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fish and Vegetable Curry
  • 14 oz white fish fillets (I used halibut) cut into thick slices
  • 14 oz coconut milk
  • 2 Tbs. red curry paste
  • 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
  • 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
  • Fresh coriander (oops, I forgot to add this...)
  • Place coconut milk and red curry paste into a pan on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring until combined.
  • Add fish, carrots and red cabbage. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until fish has cooked.
  • Serve with fresh coriander leaves.
"Super easy. And would you believe me if I told you that the kids all ate it? Well, they did. Ethan even had seconds, and probably would have had more if there was more left. It was really good. I'm not big on fish, but I liked it. This is such an easy recipe that we could switch the meat and vegetables around however we want, and it would be good." by Colleen Lasko

Once again I'm raiding Colleen's blog and seeing how great I could feel with good natural food. She is going strictly NO SUGAR and NO PROCESSED FOOD. I wish I could be that good, but I have to start somewhere ant that is why I'm creating this blog. To help me compile of what helps me to healthy the way I want to be healthy! 

I got some great deals last night at the store too! strawberries, peas, carrots, grapes, eggs, whole wheat noodles (which I love), Tomato Juice (which only contains tomatoes!), and a bit more. I'm already lactose so I try to stay away from dairy and I hear that it's best anyway. 
 
Of course I can't stay away from yogurt or cheese sticks though... they are a source of protein that gets me through the day! I'm not a huge meat fan, so I'm really excited to try this fish dish that Colleen introduced!

No comments: