I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Zucchini linguine with creamy pesto sauce

0
pesto pasta2.jpg
Servings: 
4
Easy to make zucchini linguine in a deliciously creamy pesto sauce.
More recipes at http://kellysfacesmells.blogspot.com/
Ingredients: 
To make the pesto
1/4c pine nuts
2T flax or olive oil
1/2c basil
1 clove garlic
Add a bit of water as needed to achieve consistency you want.
To make the pasta
2 zucchini
1 avocado, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
Preparation: 
Pesto:
blend all ingredients together, adding a bit of water or lemon juice as needed to achieve consistency desired. Normally I just wash the basil and don't dry it off before adding it in - the water from that is usually sufficient.
Pasta:
Using a knife, cut the zuccinni in thirds, but don't cut all the way through. With a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices of the zucchini - because it's cut in thirds, the pieces will be thinner and more like linguine. I didn't use the core of the zucchini (the part with seeds) - I save it for soups.
Assembly
In a bowl, toss the zucchini linguine with the pesto sauce until well coated. Then add the chopped avocado and tomato and toss until mixed well.

No comments: