I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Sweet Pepper-Chicken Sandwich

Season 7's Estella Hays and I invented this recipe one day at the Ranch when we were bored with a plain chicken sandwich. The addition of bell peppers gives this sandwich added flavor, and the sprouted grain bread lends it a great texture.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon yellow or spicy mustard
2 slices Trader Joe's or other brand sprouted whole grain bread, toasted
1 large leaf romaine lettuce
3 ounces lean, low-sodium sliced chicken breast
1/2 roasted red bell pepper, cut in strips
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend

Directions

Spread the mustard on 1 piece of toast. top with the lettuce, chicken and bell pepper, ending with the cheese.
Place the half sandwich under a broiler or in a toaster overn for 20 to 30 seconds, until the cheese melts. top with the second piece of toast. Cut in half. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 sandwich.
Per serving: 310 calories, 31 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates (3 g sugars), 7 g fat (3 g saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 1,380 mg sodium

No comments: