I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dr. Up Cake Mix!

So my cousin, who has a friend, who has a friend.... Yes... This is how I found this Cake mix!

From: All credit goes to Family Favorite Recipes! 

Family Favorite Recipes

I can't take credit for this recipe. My friend had this "doctored up" version on her blog and now it's the only way I make cupcakes. Super sweet and so yummy and moist, not dry like normal cake mixes. My only complaint is that they fall flat, which I've noticed happens more if I whip the batter too much so try to stir just until the ingredients are fully blended.

No matter, though, since I cover them in homemade cream cheese frosting and you can't see the tops anyway. And no picture, since you all know what cupcakes look like :) Maybe I'll post one later when I'm not so lazy.

Cake Mix (any brand, any flavor)
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1 small box instant pudding (to match your cake mix, like vanilla for yellow or vanilla cake, or chocolate for chocolate cake. I've never made any other kind of cupcake, though, so I don't know what to do with red velvet mixes. I wonder what banada pudding would do to a cake mix though....)

Mix all together and bake according to package directions. These actually make like 25-26 cupcakes.

No comments: