I am in a moment that I want to change my health. I know that by simply changing my health, a lot of my life that I want will come naturally. It's not weight loss that I want, but it's the life I've lost because of my weight. I need to move forward and walk the walk. I have a ton of knowledge about health, yet I have bad follow through. This blog will make a difference because hopefully I can make a difference in your life. .

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Olive Tapenade

Olive Tapenade
by: Better Crocker


You're a blender whir away from a traditional French condiment. Delicious served on crackers or with raw veggies








1 1/2cups pitted kalamata or ripe olives
1/4cup chopped walnuts
3tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
3tablespoons capers, drained
1 1/2teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
1teaspoon Italian seasoning
2cloves garlic
Chopped red bell pepper, if desired


    1. 1
  1. Place all ingredients except bell pepper and crackers in food processor or blender. Cover and process, using quick on-and-off motions, until slightly coarse.
  2. 2

  3. Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with bell pepper. Serve with crackers.
Tips from Betty Crocker
Tapenade comes from Provence in France and is a condiment made from capers, anchovies, ripe olives, olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings.

Capers are the flower buds of a shrub that grows around the Mediterranean. The buds are dried and then pickled in a vineger brine. Capers enliven sauces and are especially delicious with many fish and veal dishes.

No comments: